Learn how to run your creative business successfully and profitably!
I built my agency from solo-freelancer to acquisition. In this course I will show you how to grow yours in a systematic and profitable way.
Managing a Creative Business: Course Description
I grew my agency from solo-freelancer to a full-time staff of 20 creatives. In 2015, I sold my agency and continued to act as a partner of our combined agency where we had a staff of 70+. I understand all phases of agency growth and the strategies to manage your creative business at each phase. This course delivers fundamental business principles that will help you manage your business profitably and stress free! (Well, at least with as little stress as possible in the creative industry.) I will give you the tools you need to understand your business from financial management to expanding your team size. You will learn how to track the right data and use that data to make smart business decisions. I attained financial freedom by the age of 40. This course delivers the strategies I used to achieve that dream.
Included in this course:
- 5+ hours of video lesson with in-depth and actionable instruction
- 23 lessons
- 10 downloadable resources
- Downloadable spreadsheets that empower you to track the right data points for your business and teach how to understand them
- Financial management instruction to teach how to understand your finances, when and how to reinvest into the future of your business, organize your banking, invoice and collect money from clients, and manage your cashflow
- Actionable advice how to grow your creative business including when and how to hire, when and how to fire or lay people off
- Downloadable employment offer letter and employment agreement templates
- Downloadable termination and layoff letter templates
- Actionable guidance about how and when to expand into studio space and grow your agency
- Revenue vs. Expense
- Proposal Tracker System
- Sales Effort Tracker
- Invoice Scheduler
- New Worry Date Calculator
- Business Insights
- Employee Offer Letter
- Employment Agreement
- Employee Termination Letter
- Employee Layoff Letter
Freelance with Janda:
The Ultimate Freelance Course
Managing a Creative Business
23 Video Lessons
5+ Hours of Instruction
10 Downloadable Resources
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Revenue vs. Expense
Proposal Tracker System
Sales Effort Tracker
New Worry Date Calculator
Employee Offer Letter
Employee Termination Letter
Employee Layoff Letter
Course 06: Managing a Creative Business
Does Not Include
Course 01: Preparing for Full-time Freelance
Course 02: Selling Creative Services
Course 03: Proposals and Contracts
Course 04: Pricing Creative Services
Course 05: Project Management for Creatives
Wait! Before you enroll, be sure to check out The Ultimate Freelance Course Six Course Bundle to maximize your success as a creative entrepreneur! It includes this course and five other courses that will transform your creative business!
Meet Your Instructor, Michael Janda
Michael Janda is the best-selling author of Burn Your Portfolio. He has over 20 years of creative agency experience working with clients like Disney, Google, ABC, NBC, FOX, and other famous brands. The concepts he teaches in this exclusive free training are meant to help creatives fine tune their business skills and develop successful careers.
In 2002, Michael founded the creative agency, Riser, which he led in more than 2,000 projects, numerous creative and marketing awards, and more than $30,000,000 in total revenue. Michael is also known as @morejanda on Instagram where he grew an audience of more than 120,000 creatives in less than a year sharing free content to help level up creative entrepreneurs. He currently resides in Salt Lake City, Utah with his wonderful wife and 3 children.